Welcome to Year 5
I am Mrs Whalley and I teach Year 5 for four days of the week. I am also Deputy Head, Key Stage 2 Lead, Maths Lead and share the RE lead.
On Tuesdays, Mrs Barker teaches in Year 5. She also teaches French and German to Years 1 to 6 on Thursdays.
Our Geography for this half term is Mountains and Biomes and our SCIENCE is Living things and their Habitats and Forces
We are looking forward to the term ahead.
Please find the year 5 Curriculum overview for this year: Year 5 year overview 2021-2022
Read the example famous mountain fact files below:
Example: mountain fact-files
Choose one of the mountains below to complete a fact-file in the same style as the examples.
- Mount Logan (Canada)
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
- Mount Snowdon (Wales)
- The Matterhorn (Switzerland/Italy)
- Mont Blanc (France/Italy/Switzerland)
- Vinicunca Mountain (Peru)
- Mount Vinson Massif (Antarctica)
MyMaths: Fraction Calculations (multiplying Fractions)
Weekly spellings – Summer 1
Weekly spellings – Spring 2
Weekly spellings – Spring Term 1
Weekly spellings – Autumn Term 2
Termly 20 word spelling list: 20 word spelling list Autumn
Please click on the link below for access to year 5 Greet the Teacher video where you can find out about class routines:
Greet the Teacher Video: https://youtu.be/GwoUar6gyqs
Year 5 Homework
(please bring completed English homework into school in your homework journals – this will either be a reading comprehension or SPAG activity)
Practise your times-tables using Times-tables Rockstars
MyMaths Homework (use your login to access your homework)/
The school has subscribed to MyMaths, an interactive Maths website for teaching, learning, revising and enjoying mathematics. Usernames and passwords have been given to pupils in years 1 – 6 and sent home to parents in a letter.
- How do I find the homework my child has been set? When you go to the MyMaths homepage you will need to log in using your child’s new school username and password. You will then see some more boxes labelled ‘My Portal’ where you can put in your child’s username and password. In here you should see your child’s homework on the first screen you come to. If you can’t see it, then make sure you are on your homework page by clicking the ‘My Homework’ tab on the left hand side of the page.
school username: mobberley
Then use your child’s personal login to access their homework